This morning, Brock played in his first soccer game! We found out about the YMCA's soccer program on the last day of sign-ups, and enrolled Brock before we had a chance to actually ask him if he wanted to play or not. When I told him that we had signed him up for soccer, he was less than excited. He had been pretty discouraged after playing a full season of basketball and never winning a single game. He told me he didn't want to play soccer because he was afraid it would be too hard. I assured him that it would be a lot easier than basketball, and that all he had to do was try it once, and if he didn't like it, he wouldn't have to do it again. He still wasn't convinced, but then I told him that we would need to buy him some new shoes with spikes on the bottom, and he was all for that!!! As soon as we got them home from the store, he wanted to try out his cleats and shin guards. He practiced running all over the basement and outside in the yard with them on. We had to fight with him to get him to finally take them off! Luckily he had a lot of fun at his game today and his team won 5 to 1, which made it even more fun for Brock. He was really excited and couldn't stop telling everyone that his team actually won! Afterwards, we celebrated by going out to Wendy's for cheeseburgers and Frosty's.
Somehow, Brock ended up on a team of all 1st & 2nd graders, even though he's only in Kindergarten. You can see in this picture that he's definitely one of the smallest kids on the field!!! He doesn't seem to notice or care though.
Brock was excited to take his turn playing goalie. While he was standing still, Justin took the opportunity to give Brock a few pointers on how to look cool while playing goalie.
While we were at the game, Austin and I had an interesting conversation that went something like this:
Austin (whining): "Mom, I'm thirsty."
Bobbi: "I'm sorry, Austin, I don't have anything to drink right now."
Austin (whining louder): "But Mommm, I'm soooo thiirrssty!!!"
Bobbi (more sternly): "Austin, I told you, I don't have anything to drink right now. You'll just have to wait until we get home."
Austin: "Mom, I'm really thirsty. Can I just drink your boobs for a minute?"
Bobbi (horrified): NO!!!
Austin: "Why not? Is it because I have teeth?"
Justin couldn't stop laughing. Austin couldn't understand what was so funny. I quickly changed the subject. Ahhhh, what a funny kid. I bet Austin will really hate hearing that story when he's a teenager.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Kicking & Screaming
Posted by Bobbi at Saturday, March 22, 2008
Labels: Austin, Brock, Joys of Motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like something Justin would ask, Bobbi. Just kidding, but man that is a classic story Jaime and I were laughing so hard.
Bobbi I would have paid money to see your face when he asked that!!
-Jaime
hahahahaha...
come on bobbi?!? what is wrong with you? Cant you see he is parched, close to death, in need of a drink?
hahahahaha...Austin Rocks!
That is too funny! You definitely have to keep that one on top of your list to share with him everytime he gives you grief as a teenager!
Those pictures of Brock are so cute!!!
ps I got to spend the day with Tonya today and it was so fun! Wish us high school buds could all get together sometime ;)
Post a Comment