Saturday, March 08, 2008

Dragging Our Feet...

It's been a month now since Justin split from his previous employer. Since then, it's been a daily battle to make the best decisions concerning our family's future. Both Justin and I have been dealing with churning stomachs and sleepless nights. It's really been hard to know where we should go from here. I certainly am aware that many people would love to have the problem we have. Some people are unemployed because they can't find a job. My husband is unemployed because he can't decide which job offer to accept!!! Yes, it is a good problem to have, but still a bit overwhelming. Anyway, we thought we had committed to a partnership with Dr. Hatten in Odessa. Then, we got the contracts from the transition company, and there were some definite red flags. So, we started looking again. We had dinner with a dentist last week that we really liked, but for some reason we just didn't feel as excited about the practice as we felt about the one in Odessa. Which is confusing because we really felt good about the Odessa practice and then it turned out to be not-so-good. So, are we feeling hesitant about the most recent find because it's not a good decision? Or just because we're both a little bit skeptical since the last two practices we thought were right turned out to be not-so-right? Justin's back in Texas this weekend meeting with yet another employer, so I'm anxious to hear how that turns out. Hopefully we can really commit to something soon!!!

3 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Maybe it is hesitation you guys are feeling, I don't know since I'm not you, but maybe it's not. The only thing I can compare it to is our house hunting. There were some houses I felt, "yeah, this is it" until we looked at another home. The first one we put an offer on we got out bid and I was let down thinking, "well why did we feel the need to put on offer on a house we weren't going to get?" I felt confused but then just tuned into the feelings deep inside and knew, yes, it would have worked out if we lived there BUT it wasn't THEE house for us. So then comes the house we DID end up buying. I liked it a lot, but there wasn't that "feeling" that we had with the first house we offered on. I was a little hesitant because the feeling (you know what feeling I'm talking about) wasn't there like I THOUGHT it would be. Looking back it WAS there, just very subtle and now I LOVE our house and know without a doubt that this is THEE house!!

So maybe you are hesitant because of previous events, which is understandable, but maybe it still is a good thing at this other practice?

I know things will work out, as I'm sure you have the same faith, but it's getting to the actual decision that is hard! (at least for me)

It helps me to think of that qoute about stepping back from seeing the single tree and you can see the whole forest. You guys have SO much going on right now, but I know you guys will have that feeling of peace, even if subtle, very soon! Good Luck you guys!

Our Sweet Life said...

Bobbi,

I totally understand the frustration with where to go. One of the great things about dentistry is that you can live anywhere, that's also one of the hardest things about it.
I know something great will come along for you and your family and you will look back on this experience one day and be grateful for it all.
We wish you guys the very best!

Jill said...

Ahhh, what a stessful mess! I hope you guys can pick what makes you feel "comfortable" and good...gut decisions are usually right! Good luck. Of course you have tons of people rooting for you to stay here :)