Friday, March 07, 2008

Sabotage!

I knew that resisting the chocolate walnut chunk brownie mix in my pantry would be difficult. I knew that not eating after 7:30pm would be tough. (I love to snack after the kids are in bed) I did not, however, realize how impossible it would be to get 7 hours of sleep at night!!! Last night, I was off to a good start. The kids were all in bed by 8pm SHARP!! I had Tivo'ed "Idol" and "Lost" and got done watching them by 9:30pm. (BTW I am in SHOCK that Danny and Asia'h got the boot. That is T.M.T.H.!) Off to bed I went, confident that I would get my sleep point for the day. At 10pm, however, Justin decided to start packing for his trip to Texas that he would take the next day. At 11pm, Eden decided to wake up for a mid-night feeding. At 4am, Brock tiptoed into my room and whispered, "Mom, I peed the bed". At 4:30am, Eden woke up AGAIN for another feeding. At 5am, Justin's alarm went off, telling him that it was time to head to the airport. At 5:15am, Justin tapped me on the shoulder and whispered, "Bobbi, I can't find my car keys. Do you know where yours are?" Then, at 6am, Brandon crawled into my bed and asked, "Mom, can I sleep with you?" By 6:30am, I felt relieved that the night was finally over, gave up on sleep, and decided I'd better get started with the day. Lucky for me, the Get-Fit rules never stated that the 7 hours of sleep had to be consecutive. Perhaps I can sneak a quick nap in this afternoon and make up for last night's deficiency.

3 comments:

i'm erin. said...

hahahahahahaha...That rocks! I can't believe all of that. I am going to post that in the main part of my blog. I love that story. I dread nights like that...

The Blaisdell Family said...

Sounds like a fun night for you! Avery was up ALL NIGHT last night too. WHY??? I have no idea. She just kept crying, wanted to play, then went to "her drawer" with crackers and wanted to eat at 4am!! What the heck? AND Ryan peed his bed too. Nice. It's so fun having kids sometimes:)

Our Sweet Life said...

I have to admit - I'm a little worried about getting that sleep point too. I hope you got a nap.